Special to the Tribune
Sandy Mush – There was a time when water was a source of power that enabled people to make a living and process their food. Here is a copy of a picture of a water wheel grist mill on Little Sandy Mush Road that was obtained from the Frances Lorraine Alexander Miller Collection from the Leicester Library. It was torn down in 1953 when the road was rebuilt. Among the mill’s owners and operators were Mr. and Mrs. John Frisbee, Verna, and Leslie Black who owned the mill in the late 1930s and early 1940s.